How To Check Quality Of Sand In Field:
There are some useful tests that can be done in the field for checking the quality of sand utilized for construction. The following tests may be performed to determine the characteristics of sand.
Field Test Of Sand:
1. Take a glass and add some water in it.
2. Add a few amount of sand in the glass. At that point, shake it vivaciously and permit it to settle. If there is clay present in the sand, an apparent layer will be formed at the top level of sand.
3. Mix the sand into sodium hydroxide or caustic soda solution to distinguish the presence of organic impurities. If organic impurities are present in the sand, the color of the solution will be turned into brown.
4. Now take a squeeze of sand and taste it. If it is salty that means salt is present in the sand.
5. Take little amount of sand in the hand, and then rub it against the fingers. If the fingers are recolored it means sand consists of some earthy materials.
6. The color of sand describes the cleanness of sand. The size and sharpness might be examined by touching and watching visually.
7. The sand may be examined by mechanical analysis to know its fineness, durability, void ratio etc.
If You Liked This Article Then Please Subscribe To Our Newsletter.