Polymer concrete is an ordinary concrete produced with OPC ( Ordinary portland cement) wet cured and inseminated with liquid or vaporous chemical compound (Methyl methacrylate monomer) and polymerized by gamma radiation or with chemical initiated implies, i.e by utilizing thermal catalytic method (Adding 3% Benzoyl peroxide) to the monomer as a catalyst. The impregnation is helped by drying the concrete at an extreme temperature by evacuations and absorbing the monomer under limited pressure.
Types Of Polymer Concrete:
Polymer concrete can be classified in following three categories:
1. Polymer impregnated concrete (PIC).
2. Polymer cement concrete (PCC).
3. Polymer concrete (PC).
Advantages Of Polymer Concrete:
1. It has high impact resistance and high compressive strength.
2. Polymer concrete is highly resistant to freezing and thawing.
3. Highly resistant to chemical attack and abrasion.
4. Permeability is lower than other conventional concrete.
Application Of Polymer Concrete:
Polymer concrete is broadly utilizing in several circumstances as following
1. Nuclear power plants.
3. Prefabricated structural element.
4. Precast slabs for bridge decks.
6. Marine Works.
7. Prestressed concrete.
8. Irrigation works.
9. Sewage works.
10. Waterproofing of buildings.
11. Food processing buildings etc.
Liked This Article? Then Please Subscribe To Our Daily Civil Newsletter.