What Is Concrete?
Concrete is a composite material, which is made from a mixture of cement, aggregate (sand or gravel), water and sometimes admixtures in required proportions. It is one of the most important and useful materials for construction work.
When all the ingredients (cement, aggregate, water) are mixed in the required proportions, the cement and water start a reaction with each other to bind themselves into a hardens mass. This hardens rock-like mass is known as concrete.
Advantages Of Concrete:
- Concrete is economical than other building materials.
- The compressive strength of concrete is very high.
- Concrete is very strong in compression.
- Concrete can be cast easily into any desired shape.
- It possesses a minimum corrosive and weathering effects.
- Concrete made with steel reinforcement provides equal coefficients of thermal expansion.
- Concrete can be pumped and sprayed in difficult positions.
- It is fire resistant.
- Concrete is durable, and have a little maintenance cost which can be ignored.
If you liked this article, then please share & subscribe to our newsletter.